最爱午后红茶

短语

日期图标
2023-09-16

影片中出现的常用短语

  • I beg your pardon
  • Board of directors
  • Be frank with
  • Be laid off
  • Down-and-out
  • Don't start up with me
  • Hop in
  • I missed the part where that's my problem
  • Can I fix you something?
  • I just got off a job
  • We should catch up sometime
  • Out of stock
  • In the wake of
  • Beats taking the subway
  • Sleep tight
  • Speak of the devil
  • Let Mom and Dad talk for a minute
  • To each his own
  • Found you amusing for a while
  • In spite of
  • Why bother
  • Teeming masses
  • Have a knack for
  • Goofing around
  • Be looking forward to
  • Bit of a slob
  • It's a jungle out there
  • Will you do the honors
  • We'll do things properly
  • If you'll excuse me
  • Sniff around
  • Sticking up for
  • Not a chance in the world
  • Lost sight of
  • Make it up to
  • Isn't that up to her
  • Ought to
  • Mess with
  • You've really pissed me off
  • Count on
  • Make it through

I beg your pardon

请求原谅:一种礼貌用语,用于道歉或纠正自己的错误。

  • M.J.: There's 14.
    玛丽珍:只有 14 只。(玛丽珍数了一下说到)
  • Guide: I beg your pardon?
    解说员:你说什么?
  • M.J.: One's missing.
    玛丽珍:有一只不见了?

Board of directors

董事会:由公司股东选举产生的一组人,负责制定公司的战略方向和决策,并监督公司的运营和管理。

  • Fargas: Mr. Osborn.
    巴先生:奥斯本先生。
  • Osborn: Always a pleasure to have our board of directors visit.
    奥斯本:很高兴董事会能大驾光临。
  • general: I want the report on human performance enhancers.
    将军:我想看看体能增强计划的报告。

Be frank with

坦率地说:直率地表达自己的想法或感受,不隐瞒或掩饰。

  • Osborn: Back to formula?
    奥斯本:退回到方程式阶段?(奥斯本大吃一惊,暗自跟史博士再次确认)
  • general: Dr. Osborn. I'll be frank with you, I never supported your program. We have my predecessor to thank for that.
    将军:奥斯本博士。我老实跟你说,我从未支持过你的计划,那是我前任批准的。
  • Balkan: The general has approved Quest Aerospace...to build a prototype of their exoskeleton. They test in two weeks.
    巴先生:索将军批准探索航大公司,制造人型盔甲的原型。两星期后测试。(巴先生向奥斯本解释道)

Be laid off

被解雇:因为公司裁员或经济不景气等原因而失去工作。

  • May: Good boy. God will be thrilled. Just don't fall on your ass.
    梅姨:好孩子,上帝是会很高兴,不过小心别摔倒。(梅姨有点担心地调侃道)
  • Ben: I'm already on my ass, May. When the plant's senior electrician is laid off affter 35 years...what would you call it? I am on my ass.
    班叔:我已经倒下了,梅。我这个 35 年资深技师,都被裁员了。。。这还能算什么?我可是摔到谷底了。(班叔叔附和着,已经修好下来了)

Down-and-out

被击垮的;穷困潦倒的

  • Ben: Well, let's look in the paper and see. There are the want ads. What do we got here? Computer...Computer salesman, computer engineer, computer analyst. My Lord, even the computers need analysts these days. May, I'm 68. I'm too old for computers, and besides, I have a family to provide for.
    班叔:恩,看看报纸上有什么。有证人广告,看看有什么工作?电脑。。。电脑销售员、工程师、分析师。天啊,现在连电脑都要分析师。梅,我 68 岁了,太老了,而且还有个家要养。(拿起一份报纸看了起来)
  • May: I love you. And Peter loves you. You're the most responsible man I've ever known. We've been down-and-out before. But somehow, we survive.
    梅姨:我爱你,彼得也爱你。你是我见过最负责的男人。我们也苦过啊,但也撑过来了。(梅姨已经做好了菜,安慰道)

Don't start up with me

别跟我开玩笑

  • Ben: Don't forget, we're painting the kitchen after school.
    班叔:别忘了下课后要粉刷厨房。
  • Peter: Sure, Uncle Ben. Don't start without me.
    彼得:好啊,班叔叔,我没到别开始啊。
  • Ben: And don't start up with me.
    班叔:别放我鸽子。

Hop in

跳进:迅速进入或加入某个地方或活动。

  • Peter: And I was wondering if we could get together sometime?
    彼得:我在想。。。我可以约你出来吗?(继续在远处自言自语)
  • M.J.'s Friend: I got the car. Hop in.
    玛丽珍同学:我有车,进来吧。(这时玛丽珍同学刚好开车路过)
  • Peter: Do something fun? Or, I don't know. I thought it'd be time to get to know each other.
    彼得:一起出去玩玩?我不确定。。。我觉得是多了解彼此的时候了。(还在远处自言自语)

I missed the part where that's my problem

这不关我的事

  • Boss: Well, check it again, webhead. It said three grand for three minutes. You pinned him in two. For that, I give you 100. You're lucky to get that.
    老板:再看一遍,猪头。三分钟三千元,你只花了两分钟。你有一百块就算走运了。
  • Peter: I need that money.
    彼得:我需要这笔钱。(有点生气了)
  • Boss: I missed the part where that's my problem.
    老板:这可不关我的事。

Can I fix you something?

我能为你做点什么吗?

  • May: Can I fix you something?
    梅姨:你要吃什么吗?
  • Peter: No, thanks.
    彼得:不,谢了。(说完进房了,梅姨也跟着进去)
  • Peter: I missed him a lot today.
    彼得:我今天很想念他。

I just got off a job

我刚下班

  • Peter: An audition? So you're acting?
    彼得:试镜?你在演戏了?
  • M.J.: Yeah. I work steady. In fact, I just got off a job.
    玛丽珍:对。我有一份工作,我刚下班。
  • Peter: That's great. You're doing it. Living your dream. Glamour girl!
    彼得:太好了。你的美梦成真,大明星!

We should catch up sometime

我们应该找个时间叙叙旧。

  • Peter: It's not low. You have a job. You know, Harry doesn't live on a little place I like to call Earth.
    彼得:不,那是你的工作。你知道,哈利并不是活在现实世界里。(打趣道)
  • M.J.: No, I guess not.
    玛丽珍:我想也是。(笑着回应)
  • M.J.: Thanks, Pete. We should catch up sometime.
    玛丽珍:谢了,彼得。我们改天再聚聚。(双方沉默了一会后,玛丽珍道谢后准备离开)

Out of stock

缺货:指商品暂时无法购买,因为库存已经售罄。

  • Secretary: Your wife says the tile's out of stock.
    秘书:你太太说你订的瓷砖缺货。(秘书打电话进来)
  • Jameson: We'll put a rug there.
    詹姆森:那就铺地毯。

In the wake of

在……之后;随着……发生

  • Manager1: Wonderful news, Norman. That's why we're selling the company.
    董事 1:太好了,所以我们要把公司卖掉。
  • Osborn: What?
    奥斯本:什么?(脸上的笑容瞬间消失)
  • Manager1: Quest is recapitalizing in the wake of the bombing. Expanding. They made a tender offer we can't ignore.
    董事 1:探索航太目前正在集资扩大规模。他们开出来的条件很好。

Beats taking the subway

比坐地铁强多了

  • Peter: Well, beats taking the subway.
    彼得:这比坐地铁快吧。(成功救下玛丽珍,并带到一处空地,应该是她家附近)
  • Peter: Don't mind us. She just needs to use the elevator.
    彼得:别介意我们,她只是要用电梯。(旁边有两个路人看过来)
  • M.J.: Wait. Who are you?
    玛丽珍:等一下。你是谁?(看彼得马上就要走)

Sleep tight

睡个好觉

  • Harry: Okay. And what do you mean, incredible?
    哈利:你说不可思议是什么意思?(还对这句耿耿于怀,一旁的彼得抿嘴一笑)
  • Harry: All right. I'm sorry. Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs...
    哈利:好啦,对不起,晚安。别做恶梦。。。(说完就挂线了)

Speak of the devil

说曹操,曹操就到

  • Jameson: I don't know who he is.
    詹姆森:我不知道他是谁。
  • Osborn: You are useless.
    奥斯本:你真没用。
  • Peter: Set him down, tough guy.
    彼得:把他放下来。(穿上战衣的彼得从窗外缓缓滑落)
  • Osborn: Speak of the devil.
    奥斯本:说来就来。(放下詹姆森,转头对着彼得)

Let Mom and Dad talk for a minute

结合语境翻译:大人说话,小孩不要插嘴。(挺有意思的)

  • Jameson: I knew you two were in this together!
    詹姆森:我就知道你们是同党!(智商堪忧~)
  • Peter: Kiddo, let Mom and Dad talk for a minute.
    彼得:大人说话,小孩不要插嘴。(吐了一把蛛丝封住詹姆森的嘴)

To each his own

每个人有自己的喜好或观点

  • Osborn: You and I are not so different.
    奥斯本:你和我是那么的相像。
  • Peter: I'm not like you. You're a murderer.
    彼得:我不像你,你是个杀人凶手。(此时已经醒来)
  • Osborn: Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero.
    奥斯本:人各有志。这是我的选择,你选择当超级英雄。

Found you amusing for a while

有一阵子觉得你很有趣

  • Osborn: Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero.
    奥斯本:人各有志。这是我的选择,你选择当超级英雄。
  • Osborn: And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero...is to see a hero fail, die trying.
    奥斯本:人们对你只有三分钟热度。他们最想看到的是。。。英雄的失败、陨落和死亡。

In spite of

尽管、不管、虽然:表示尽管存在某种情况或条件,但仍然发生或存在另一种情况。

Why bother

为什么费心,有什么意义:常用的口语表达,表示对于某件事情的怀疑或不感兴趣。

  • Osborn: In spite of everything you're done for them, eventually, they will hate you. Why bother?
    奥斯本:不管你替他们做了什么,最后他们都会恨你。何必呢?
  • Peter: Because it's right.
    彼得:因为这是对的。

Teeming masses

拥挤的人群:指大量拥挤在一起的人群。

  • Osborn: Here's the real truth. There are eight million people in this city. And those teeming masses exist for the sole purpose. of lifting the few exceptional people onto their shoulders. You, me... we're exceptional.
    奥斯本:事实是这样子的。纽约有八百万市民。他们的存在只有一个作用。。。把少数杰出的天才举在他们肩上。像是你、我。。。这种天才。
  • Osborn: I could squash you like a bug right now. But I'm offering you a choice. Join me.
    奥斯本:我大可以一脚把你踩扁。但我给你一个选择,加入我。

Have a knack for

有……的天赋或技能:指某人天生具备某种技能或能够很快地掌握某种技能。

  • Peter: You have a knack for getting in trouble.
    彼得:你好像有惹上麻烦的习惯。(缓缓地从玛丽珍背后倒立滑下)
  • M.J.: You have a knack for saving my life. I think I have a superhero stalker.
    玛丽珍:你好像有救我的习惯,我想我有个超级英雄保镖。(显得非常惊喜,回头说道)
  • Peter: I was in the neighborhood.
    彼得:我刚好在附近。

Goofing around

闲逛;嬉戏:花时间做愚蠢或嬉戏的事情。

  • Harry: M.J., will you stop goofing around?
    哈利:拜托你别闹了,可以吗?(看到玛丽珍还在玩闹)
  • M.J.: Harry, relax.
    玛丽珍:哈利,放松。
  • Harry: He's here.
    哈利:他来了。(听到敲门声音,知道奥斯本要来了)

Be looking forward to

期待:表示对某件事情或某个时刻的期待和盼望。

  • Harry: M.J., I'd like you to meet my father. Dad, this is Mary Jane Watson.
    哈利:这是我父亲奥诺曼,爸爸,这是华玛丽珍。
  • M.J.: Hi.
    玛丽珍:您好。(礼貌微笑握手)
  • Osborn: I've been looking forward to meeting you.
    奥斯本:你好,我一直想见你。

Bit of a slob

有点邋遢

  • May: How strange. There's nobody here.
    梅姨:真奇怪,房间里没人。(彼得连忙黏在天花板上,大家进房间后什么也没有发现)
  • Osborn: Bit of a slob, isn't he?
    奥斯本:他有点邋遢,不是吗?(看着杂乱的房间)
  • May: All brilliant men are.
    梅姨:天才都是这样。(辩护一句后跟其他人离开了,奥斯本正准备离开,彼得手上一滴血撑不住滴了下来,奥斯本敏锐地发现了,抬头一看什么也没发现,彼得已经溜出窗外)

It's a jungle out there

直译的话是:外面是一片丛林。 结合语境翻译:外面很混乱。

  • May: Oh, Peter!
    梅姨:彼得!
  • Peter: It's a jungle out there. Had to beat an old lady with a stick to get these cranberries.
    彼得:外面真是混乱。我好不容易才买到酱。(这句话如果是直译的话就有意思了~)
  • May: Thank you. Now then, everybody sit down...and we can say grace. Here we go.
    梅姨:谢谢,现在,请大家坐下吧。让我们祷告。好了。(上去拥抱彼得后对大家说)

Will you do the honors

你能帮个忙吗?

  • May: There we are.
    梅姨:来了。(端上了火鸡)
  • M.J.: It looks delicious.
    玛丽珍:看起来很好吃。
  • May: Will you do the honors?
    梅姨:诺曼,可以请你切火鸡吗?(看到奥斯本偷吃餐桌上的食物)

We'll do things properly

我们会把事情做好的

  • May: Well, let me see. Oh, my goodness. That looks awful.
    梅姨:让我看看。喔,我的天啊。看起来很严重。(走过去掀开彼得衣袖,露出一道划痕,奥斯本看了后脸色大变)
  • Peter: No, it's nothing.
    彼得:没什么。
  • May: I'll get the first-aid kit. Then we'll say grace. This is the boys'first Thanksgiving here, and we'll do things properly.
    梅姨:我去拿急救箱,接着再来祷告。你们第一次在这过感恩节,我们要照规矩来。

If you'll excuse me

劳驾:用于礼貌地表示需要离开或中断谈话的短语。

  • Osborn: How did you say that happended?
    奥斯本:你刚说是怎么受伤的?(再次请彼得确认一遍)
  • Peter: Bike messenger. Knocked me down.
    彼得:骑脚踏车的把我撞倒了。
  • Osborn: If you'll excuse me, I've got to go.
    奥斯本:不好意思,我得走了。(已经确认蜘蛛人是彼得了)

Sniff around

试图追求(某人)作为恋爱伴侣、雇员等

  • Osborn: I've got to go.
    奥斯本:我得走了。
  • Harry: This girl is important to me.
    哈利:她对我很重要。
  • Osborn: Harry, please. look at her. Think she's sniffing around because she likes your personality?
    奥斯本:拜托你看清楚一点。你以为她是真的喜欢你吗?

Sticking up for

为……辩护或保护

  • Harry: You're wrong, Dad.
    哈利:你错了,爸爸。
  • Osborn: A word to the not-so-wise about your girlfriend: Do what you need to with her, then broom her fast.
    奥斯本:给一个忠告,有关你女友:把她弄到手后就甩掉她。(说完就离开了)
  • M.J.: Thanks for sticking up for me, Herry.
    玛丽珍:谢谢你帮我辩解,哈利。(屋内的人全听到了,玛丽珍实际上非常生气,准备离开)

Not a chance in the world

根本不可能

  • M.J.: But do you think it's true, all the terrible things they say?
    玛丽珍:你觉得他们说的那些坏事是真的吗?
  • Peter: Not Spider-Man, not a chance in the world. I know him a little bit. I'm sort of his unofficial photographer.
    彼得:不是,蜘蛛人绝不是坏人。我算是认识他。我是他非正式的摄影师。

Lost sight of

忘记了,失去了对某事的关注或注意力。

Make it up to

弥补某人:为曾经伤害或对待不当的人做出有益或好的事情。

  • Osborn: I'm so sorry. I haven't always been there for you, have I?
    奥斯本:我很抱歉。我都没有好好陪陪你。
  • Harry: You're busy. You're an important man. I understand.
    哈利:你很忙,你是重要人物,我了解。
  • Osborn: That's no excuse. I'm proud of you. I've lost sight of that somewhere. But I'll make it up to you. I'm going to rectify certain inequities.
    奥斯本:这不是接口。我为你感到骄傲。我不该冷落你,我会补偿你的。我要替你讨回公道。(走到哈利面前,拥抱住他)

Isn't that up to her

这不是由她决定的吗?

  • Peter: Well, Harry's in love with her. She's still his girl.
    彼得:喔,可是哈利爱她。她仍是他的女友。(有些失落)
  • May: Well, isn't that up to her?
    梅姨:那不是她的决定吗?
  • Peter: She doesn't really know who I am.
    彼得:她并不了解我。

Ought to

应该:表示责任或义务。
应该:表示建议、谨慎、渴望、可能性或概率。

  • Osborn: It's time to die.
    奥斯本:死亡的时间到了!(正准备给彼得最后一击,就被桥上围观的群众扔垃圾打中了)
  • Extra1: I got something for you!
    群演 1:这个是给你的!
  • Extra2: We ought to kick your ass!
    群演 2:我们应该狠狠揍你!

Mess with

同……一起用膳;胡乱摆弄;干扰;与……厮混在一起。

  • Extra3: Leave Spider-Man alone! You'd pick on a guy saving kids?
    群演 3:别惹蜘蛛人!你在对付救小孩的人!(朝绿魔大喊)
  • Extra4: You mess with Spidey, you mess with New Nork!
    群演 4:你敢惹蜘蛛人,就是惹上全纽约的人!
  • Extra5: You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!
    群演 5:你惹上他就得对付我们全部!(最终,舱体安全地落在船上)

You've really pissed me off

你惹毛我了

  • Osborn: You've spun your last web, Spider-Man.
    奥斯本:没戏唱了,蜘蛛人。(一脚踩住彼得的手)
  • Osborn: Had you not been so selfish, your girlfriend's death...would have been quick.
    奥斯本:如果你没这么自私,我就让你的小女友。。。死得痛快。
  • Osborn: But now that you've really pissed me off...I'm gonna finish her nice and slow.
    奥斯本:但是现在你把我惹火了。我要慢慢地把她折磨到死。

Count on

依赖,指望,信任:指在需要时期望某人或某事物提供帮助或支持。

  • Peter: You tried to kill Aunt May. You tried to kill Mary Jane.
    彼得:你想杀死梅姨和玛丽珍。(还是觉得无法原谅)
  • Osborn: But not you.
    奥斯本:但我没想要杀你。
  • Osborn: I tried to stop it. But I couldn't stop it. I would never hurt you. I knew from the beginning...if anything ever happened to me...it was you I could count on. You, Peter Parker, would save me, and so you have. Thank God for you.
    奥斯本:我想要阻止他,却阻止不了。我绝不会伤害你。我早就知道。。。要是我出事。。。你一定会帮助我。你,彼得帕克,一定会救我,你果然做到了。谢天谢地。(边说边偷偷地控制彼得背后的滑翔翼)

Make it through

渡过难关:成功度过困难或危险的时期或事件。

  • M.J.: There's something I've been wanting to tell you.
    玛丽珍:我一直想跟你说一件事。(注视着彼得说)
  • M.J.: When I was up there...and I thought I was gonna die...there was only one person who I was thinking of. And it wasn't who I thought it'd be. It was you, Pete.
    玛丽珍:当我在桥上。。。我以为自己快死了。。。我心里只想到一个人。但他不是我以为会想到的人。他是你,彼得。
  • M.J.: I kept thinking:"I hope I make it through this...so I can see Peter Parker's face one more time."
    玛丽珍:我一直想:如果我可以活下来。。。好让我再见彼得帕克一面。(抚摸着彼得的脸)
* 未经同意不得转载。